Blacksheep MilSim – Part 4

October 17, 2014

Once I jumped off of the truck, I noticed that I had at some point lost the butt plate and battery cover off of the stock. I went back to the truck we arrived in, and looked for electrical tape, which I know we had. Unfortunately, the doors were locked. It was OK though, because I decided to go to Plan B. I was going to use my Desert Eagle as my primary, and only, gun.

I took a couple of practice shots with the Desert Eagle, and on shot three, all of the Green Gas had been released. It was shooting out of the slide, and making my hand pretty cold. I had run into an issue before where my slide wasn’t going back forward all the way, and I had forgotten to oil it. So, I was at the staging area with two ineffective airsoft guns, and my squad was nowhere to be found.

After a little while, the night is starting to set in, and eventually, only the street lights illuminate the parking lot, as I wait for someone from my team to return and lend a hand with my airsoft guns. Shortly after everything had darkened, one of my teammates had returned, but it wasn’t the one with the keys to the truck, so my search for electrical tape had gone no further. Then, only about 15 minutes later, the rest of the team shows.

In addition to my guns, our squad leader had fallen on the M4 gun he was using – a loaner – and it had been rendered unusable until we could take it somewhere to get repaired. There was also a 416 with no battery, and a G36 with only one mag. We had to dig into the spare guns for the rest of the night on this one.

My M4 had gotten taped up, the DE was sidelined and left in the truck, The G36 was given to the member who took over as medic, our sharp shooter still had his PolarStar M4, our squad leader was using another Green Gas pistol, and we had one more M4 for our fifth squad member. It wasn’t optimal, but we still went with it!

Honestly, it was getting late enough at this point, and I was feeling a little sleep deprived. I remember very little until about midnight, when we decided to head back to the truck and get some shuteye. I know that we took three or four buildings, but none were occupied at the time, so there wasn’t a whole lot of work involved, except dodging sniper fire. I know, sleeping isn’t very MilSim, but like I said, my military experience had very little running around, and I’m not in the shape I was then. Three of our squad mates only sat for about 20 minutes or so, and decided they were ready to rock again.

I was woken up at 0430, and I was ready to go!

To be continued… Search and Social Marketing Developer – Call Sign: Tensai

Loading Google+ Comments ...